- Monday, July 19: Kyle Kendrick gives up back to back to back homers to the Cardinals and takes the 8-4 loss.
- Tuesday, July 20: Kyle Kendrick is optioned to AAA
- Phillies call up Andrew Carpenter to take to the ‘pen until the team decides on a starter for Saturday’s game.
- Moyer is injured and then replaced by a barrage of relievers after the first inning who combined to give up 7 runs on 13 hits. Carpenter took the 7-1 loss.
- J.A. Happ was pulled from his start for the Iron Pigs after three innings (0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K, 44 pitches). Scouts were on hand from Houston to watch him, but also with Kendrick being sent down and a spot in the rotation left to fill, Happ was seen as a possibility to pitch on Saturday.
- The rumor mill was churning with talks of a possible deal that would bring Roy Oswalt to the Phillies. Coincidentally, both Happ and Oswalt were both already scheduled to start Saturday on normal rest for their respective teams.
- Wednesday, July 21: Phillies option Carpenter
- RHP Vance Worley is called up from AA Reading (9-4, 3.20 ERA)
- Nelson Figueroa claimed off of waivers by Ed Wade & the Astros.
- Thursday, July 22: Jamie Moyer flies to Philadelphia to consult with doctors about his injury. Official diagnosis: a sprain of the ulnar collataral ligament and strain of the pronator tendon. He will be placed on the DL Saturday and is expected to be out “indefinitely.” Amaro announce the rotation spot will be filled internally and there will be no trade.
- Kendrick and Happ are both recalled, Kendrick to pitch Saturday vs. Ubaldo Jimenez and Happ will pitch Sunday.
- Milt Thompson is fired as hitting coach and replaced by Greg Gross.
Filed under: Uncategorized |